Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Looking forward


I hope everyone had a nice holiday, this is a crazy time of year I can't believe it is December tomorrow. The fact that the temperatures have been in the 60's and there is no snow on the ground has not helped. Yes, I am one of those weird people that prefers snow to mud.

I have decided to suspend Wednesday beads until the New Year, in fact I may do this every December. I spent the month of November restocking the shop with plenty of choices, I promise to start earlier next year. I figure the Fall is when you need to buy supplies for your Holiday shows and I would rather load up the shops instead of trickling in items till the end of the year.


I do have a jewelry show coming up this month, the pictures show what I have been working on. I am averaging about 6 earrings a night, and next week necklaces are on the agenda. When I start making jewelry I always have renewed amazement at the talented jewelry designers out there, it is a lot harder than it looks.


I don't believe in resolutions, but if I did this is the year I am going to make a last ditch effort to have new jewelry choices in the jewelry shop on a regular basis. We will see what the response will be, maybe I am just a component gal.


Looking forward to the new year, I am planning on selling at five Innovative Bead Expo shows. I have really enjoyed my first experiences with this venue, its fun to have that instant feedback from my customers.

Based on this feedback you will be seeing more glass sets and pairs in the shop next year. I will still have focals, even though they don't move as fast, I still love making them.

Enameled components will continue to be a mainstay in my shop. I am always on the lookout for new components to enamel. I am also brushing up on my metal smithing skills so I can enamel my own metal components.

If I am spending more time at the metal smithing bench hopefully you will see more mixed metal component choices in the shop as well.

Just because there will not be Wednesday Beads until the new year that does not mean that some new items will not be heading to the shop. While I have been making jewelry this week I am seeing little piles of beads that would make great mixed bags, those are always a great deal.

I will always blog and facebook about new pieces before I list new items.

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

somethingunique said...

Hi Anne...well haven't you been a busy girl...your bead table looks nice and organized and i hope you share your creations...we had our first taste of snow this morning...check out my post in a bit i have a pic of my new puppy's first time in the snow..so cute...well take care ttfn Lana :)

stephenCollines said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.