Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Packing for Camp and Hydrangea Maddness


It has been a busy day, so I will be listing my beads on etsy into the wee hours of the morning.

This is what I have been up to, we (mostly me) have been packing for camp. A three week camp with laundry and no tents so packing is a little easier this year.


I also had to take the time to photograph my hydrangeas, all of my plants in the garden are so happy this year. We had an early and warm spring, so everything is ahead 3 weeks. I have quite a collection of hydrangeas, I am a firm believer in planting what is suited to ones location. It is less work because you are not constantly battling mother nature and the plants are happier. Hydrangeas are happy here, I live at the edge of the woods. My hydrangeas get a few hours of sun a day, but they get to rest in the shade too. Because the soil in the woods is naturally acidic from all the leaves composting, the hydrangeas closer to the woods are blue. The hydrangeas further away from the woodland are pink because the soil is more alkaline.

If you want your hydrangeas to be blue plant them by any kind of evergreen (pine, yew, spruce). The evergreen sheds some needles every year, leave them there to compost and they will make the soil naturally acidic.

Thank you so much everyone for your supportive feedback on my bead soup reveal, I have been walking about three feet off the ground tonight.

Sweet dreams, see you in the morning.







1 comments:

Lori P said...

Beautiful pictures - especially the top one. :) Hope she has fun at camp. I'm sending mine away next week for 1 week.